The Evan & Marion Helfaer Community Service Building has been the central address for Jewish Milwaukee since it was dedicated in 1973. The building was designed by architect, Edward Durell Stone and named in honor of Marion and Evan Helfaer, a chemist and philanthropist. Mr. Helfaer hoped that the agencies in this building would “improve and enrich the lives of all members of the Milwaukee community, regardless of race or religion; ” The mission of the Jewish Museum Milwaukee certainly fits this aspiration.
In addition to housing the Jewish Museum Milwaukee and its Archives, the Helfaer Community Service Building also holds the offices of the following organizations:
1360 N. Prospect Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Jewish Museum Milwaukee is dedicated to cultivating awareness of the past and preserving our Jewish heritage for future generations. Membership helps us with that mission.