Rabbi Levi was born in London, England and immigrated to Boston in 1868. Prior to serving B’ne Jeshurun, he was an instructor of history and rabbinics at Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati, Ohio, from 1888 until 1898. From 1899 until 1913, he served as Rabbi at Congregation Anshe Emes in Peoria, Illinois.
On March 4th, 1913, Rabbi Levi was installed as Rabbi of B’ne Jeshurun. Over the next 14 years, in addition to his rabbinical duties, he served on the Board of Directors at Mount Sinai Hospital, Federated Jewish Charities and the Jewish Social Service Association.
After retiring on September 1st, 1927, Rabbi Levi returned to Cincinnati where he served as the national rabbinical representative of the Hebrew Union College. He died on January 17th, 1939, during a return visit to Milwaukee.
1360 N. Prospect Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Jewish Museum Milwaukee is dedicated to cultivating awareness of the past and preserving our Jewish heritage for future generations. Membership helps us with that mission.