Research materials are available on the following organizations:
The Abraham Lincoln House was located at the corner of 9th and Sherman Street. Formerly known as “the Settlement” and located on 5th Street, the House was a predecessor of the Jewish Community Center. The collection contains photos and newspaper articles.
This organization supports the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and promotes Jewish ideas and values. The collection contains photos from a 1960 dinner, along with a 2001 invitation honoring Bud Selig.
It is dedicated to improving human relations, fighting anti-Semitism and defending the rights of Jews around the world. The collection contains photos, event programs, newspaper articles and a 1938 annual report.
The ADL is sponsored by B’nai B’rith. It fights anti-Semitism and serves as a watchdog for the community. The collection contains photos from 1946-1965 of numerous ADL activities.
The Milwaukee Chapter of this organization was established in 1981 to lend support to young people who moved from Milwaukee to Israel. The collection contains a 1982 newsletter, along with a partial membership listing.
1360 N. Prospect Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Jewish Museum Milwaukee is dedicated to cultivating awareness of the past and preserving our Jewish heritage for future generations. Membership helps us with that mission.